Re: [tlug] using mutt in a bash script: Name with '<': Shell Quoting & Mutt Validate Addresses

Michal Hajek wrote:

> [jep200404 wrote:]
> > What if your friend has an '<' in his or her name?
>
> hmm, I admit I did not think about it.
> I can only say that this is not the case in _my_situation_.

I would divide the labor, so that the shell script
would just accurately pass each line of input as a
single argument (by quoting), leaving email address
validation to the canine.

> Another thought is whether this kind of situation violates rfc or not.
> I have rfc 2822 in front of me. But I am afraid my skill is insufficient.

This article is easier to read than the RFCs:

   http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9585

Although I don't think it's relevant for your script.

Jim