Re: [tlug] Linux / MacOS X and dv cameras

Lyle H Saxon writes:

 > designed small box I've seen to date.  Have you had bad experiences
 > with Hitachi products, other then the floppy example you mention?

The floppy thing was Toshiba.

The point isn't that Hitachi is no better than anyone else; they might
be for all I know.  I know some nice guys who work for their Mech E
lab, too.  The point is just I know that they play the same
incompatibility game that all Japanese mfrs do if they think they can.