Re: [tlug] Giving a program priority briefly

On 11/06/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

Josh Glover writes:

 > On 11/06/07, Niels KobschÃtzki <n.kobschaetzki@example.com> wrote:
 >
 > > I assume that this answer means that the TCP/IP-stack does not run in
 > > single user mode? :)

 > Yup. :)

Er, what stops it from running, if you have it and the hardware driver
built in, and not loaded as a module?
[...]
I don't really care if I win this one, but I do worry about loose talk
like "no networking in single user mode".

Hrm, now that you mention it, I don't know what stops the stack from running. I have always "known" that it doesn't, but I dunno why.

Let me see if I have an hour to dive into the kernel and see if I
cannot find a definitive answer (i.e. link to the kernel's LXR[1]
instance).

Cheers,
Josh

[1] http://lxr.linux.no/