Re: [tlug] Giving a program priority briefly

On Jun 10, 2007, at 10:21 AM, Josh Glover wrote:

On 10/06/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

I hate to differ with Josh, but "single user mode" does not give you
full speed. Single user mode simply means you have fewer daemons than
usual running, not that the current command owns the CPU. For
example, the kernel will always be running. :-) That is, all of the
various housekeeping threads will be running, as well as the TCP/IP
stack, etc.

OK, you win. :)

Why does the TCP/IP-stack run in single user mode? I thought that there's no networking in single user mode?

Niels