Re: [tlug] Am I supposed to just know what I've installed?

On 23/03/07, Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:
Am I supposed to just know how to start this from some implied
information? Like, is the command to start it a derivation of the
package file name?

What is the standard way of determining the way to run a newly installed
app?

In this case (and maybe the others) I would say that the problem is with the web page not really explaining what the software is and how to use it.

If you rummage around on the page it does say:

"I've split the functionality up into two seperate apps. One is a
gnome control center
applet for configuring graphics tablet devices, the other is a little
panel applet that
shows pressure of any pressure sensitive XInput device"

So, (assuming you're using gnome!) you should be able to start the gnome control
center and there will be a new icon for configuring your tablet. To
get the panel app
you should be able to right click on the gnome panel and select "Add
to panel..." and
there will be a new icon for your tablet.

Neil.