Re: [tlug] Am I supposed to just know what I've installed?

Neil, Sigurd,

Thanks for responding.

As Neil suggested, one of the relevant applications was in the "Add To Panel..." interface. And actually, entirely by accident, I stumbled across the other application in the System->Preferences menu.

But, on a more general level, if I'm understanding you guys correctly, there is no default behavior or expectation about how a program should behave once installed. The responsibility is with the documentation...?

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft