[tlug] Am I supposed to just know what I've installed?

TLUG,

The subject line may sound like a really dumb question, but bear with me.

I found this really great utility for configuring my Wacom tablet that I want to try out:
http://alexmac.cc/tablet-apps/

Happily, it even comes with an Ubuntu-ready deb package. Sweet.

So I download it, and install it, and then... I have no idea how to start it.

I look around the web page, and maybe I'm blind, but it doesn't say where I might find it in my applications menu, or what to type at a command line, or anything.

Am I supposed to just know how to start this from some implied information? Like, is the command to start it a derivation of the package file name?

This has actually happened a number of times where I install something, and it's not in any menus or anything, and I spend a long time figuring out how to open it. So I'm wondering if I'm missing some fundamental concept that everyone else gets.

What is the standard way of determining the way to run a newly installed app?

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft