Re: [tlug] Lost Japanese Input in OpenOffice

Wataru Tenga wrote:

I tried it too (since I also was having trouble getting Anthy to work in OO), and I as I noted in my prior message, I lost all my Japanese input in GTK, Mozilla, etc.

I was able to get it back by going to /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim and deleting /xinput.d/scim

What distribution? And if you deleted scim, what are you using for Japanese input in its place? Uim? The installation of scim-qtimm and use of im-switch are only for users of SCIM in Ubuntu.

I hadn't read the full thread, so I didn't realize that this was a Ubuntu-specific setup. I'm using plain Debian Etch--apparently with Uim.

Chuck

--

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University