[tlug] Lost Japanese Input in OpenOffice

TLUG,

Here's what happened. I opened up Synaptic to install a new application. It said I had broken dependencies, and I should select "Fix Broken Dependencies". So I did that. Turns out that to "fix" the broken dependencies, it removed damn near everything on my computer.

I've had similar things happen before, so I was able to copy and paste the output from Synaptic as it removed packages and then refer to that list to reinstall everything again.

Of course, re-installing a whole bunch of packages means that some got missed, some lost their settings...

Mostly I think I've managed to stay on top of it. Except this one:

First OpenOffice seems to be updated or at least different than what I had before. The interface has a sort of slicker silvery look to it that it didn't have before. Whatever it was, it's now 2.0.4. Okay, that's fine.

But, I also had to re-install uim/anthy, and now, although it works in FireFox and other apps, it doesn't work in OpenOffice.

My shortcut keys to switch input methods between English and Japanese are [ctrl]+[space]. When I do that, in OpenOffice it selects the column. Also, even if I go to the Gnome Panel where my UIM icon is and use the drop down menu to select Japanese input, it still won't input in OpenOffice.

I don't know if this is an OpenOffice problem or a UIM/Anthy problem.

Any ideas?

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G