Re: [tlug] Lost Japanese Input in OpenOffice

Charles wrote:

> I tried it too (since I also was having trouble getting Anthy to work in
> OO), and I as I noted in my prior message, I lost all my Japanese input
> in GTK, Mozilla, etc.
>
> I was able to get it back by going to /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim and
> deleting /xinput.d/scim

What distribution? And if you deleted scim, what are you using for Japanese
input in its place? Uim? The installation of scim-qtimm and use of
im-switch are only for users of SCIM in Ubuntu.

(I use openSUSE 10.2, which does not use im-switch to enable system-wide
Japanese input. In the past, however, the two-line command operation I
suggested worked well in Ubuntu to allow Japanese input in all
applications.)
--
Wataru Tenga, Tokyo