Re: [tlug] HTML email [was: Pre-installed linux?]

>> > 1) I write to a lot of older people with bad eyesight who are also not
>> > very tech savvy.  Using HTML, I can select a font, size and color that
>> > will be easier for them to read than plain text.
>>
>> That argument falls flat on its face with Outlook Express's now default
>> setting (as it has been for several years now) to read mail in plain
>> text, completely ignoring the HTML component.

Yes, many readers may have set for plain text, so never get to see your
HTML version. But, anyway, people with poor eyesight will have chosen a
bigger font, so all email is readable, not just yours.

>> > 2) Hard returns at the end of every line!  I hate them!  With HTML,
>> > the sentences within a paragraph wrap.  I have software to remove hard
>> > returns, but a full paragraph without them is easier to work with.
> Anyway, the issue isn't one of only writing e-mail, it's going back
> and copy-pasting it into a text editor later (after it's already been
> sent) at which time the bloody hard returns are there...

Yes, this frustrates me too. Thunderbird has the Edit|Rewrap option to
tidy up long quote lines, but no support for going the other way: an
option to turn paragraphs into single lines when copying to the
clipboard would be lovely.

Darren