Re: [tlug] Pre-installed linux?

************************************
*** PLEASE STOP POSTING IN HTML! ***
************************************

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 13:45:24 +0900, "Lyle H Saxon"
<llletters@??> wrote:

> If you spend around Y15,000, you can get P-IV's running at around
> 2GHz, some with USB 2.0.

Are these kinds of prices specific to the Japanese market? I ask
because 15,000 Yen, that's under 100 euros and I wouldn't expect to see
a used P-IV, any clock frequency, at less than 3 times that price, if at
all. People tend to hang onto computer equipment longer around here.
One of my clients, for example, is still using a 10 year-old machine
with Windows 95 on it, while many places are still using Win98 or, at a
pinch, Win2K.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@??

Television -- a medium.  So called because it is neither rare nor
well done.
                -- Ernie Kovacs