Re: [tlug] HTML email [was: Pre-installed linux?]

On 2/12/07, Godwin Stewart <godwin.stewart@??> wrote:
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:08:17 +0900, "Lyle H Saxon"
> 1) I write to a lot of older people with bad eyesight who are also not
> very tech savvy.  Using HTML, I can select a font, size and color that
> will be easier for them to read than plain text.

That argument falls flat on its face with Outlook Express's now default
setting (as it has been for several years now) to read mail in plain
text, completely ignoring the HTML component.

Outlook? Gasp!!! I hope you're not an Outhouse user! I'm not and the people I'm writing to are not! Forbid forbid!!!

> 2) Hard returns at the end of every line!  I hate them!  With HTML,
> the sentences within a paragraph wrap.  I have software to remove hard
> returns, but a full paragraph without them is easier to work with.

That argument falls flat on its face with any modern MUA that wraps
intelligently as you type - Christ, even OE and OL can do that with an
add-on called "QuoteFix".

Here we go again - can't you come up with a different insult than "That argument falls flat on its face"? Thanks for being rude man, I hate you for it!

Anyway, the issue isn't one of only writing e-mail, it's going back
and copy-pasting it into a text editor later (after it's already been
sent) at which time the bloody hard returns are there - (not to
mention incoming mail) so I'm afraid your insult is the one that has
fallen flat on its face.

> Now, before you reload and fire ten more rounds my way, let me again
> say *I'm on board mate! I'm on board!*

No problem. I'm just pointing out that the two reasons why you still
seem to cling to HTML mail both ceased to exist years ago.

Well... okay, but do you have to be so bloody rude about it?

Lyle