Re: [tlug] Parking domains?

Godwin,

Thank you for responding.

Aliasing a domain is what you described - having more than one domain
point to the same website. Parking a domain is having its DNS point
either nowhere or to a simple page saying "this domain is parked".
The Web Host Manager interface seems to define the term differently. Under the heading "Park a domain", I can set it so that one domain points to another.

While this is confusing with regards to terminology, it is the hoped for behavior, with the caveat that it still shows the aliased domain in the browser's URL field, and not the domain that you ended up at.

However it seems that to get the browser to both go to the desired domain, and show the desired domain in the URL field requires actually setting up web sites with HTML or .htaccess redirects. That's more than I want to do for the moment, so "parking" will have to do.

Thanks for the advice.

ï--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS