[tlug] Parking domains?

TLUG,

Hello and happy new year to everyone.

My first question of 2007, of which I'm sure will be as many or more than 2006, is a server related question. As ever, while it's not strictly Linux management issue, I've been told that server related questions are okay, since all my servers and hosting is all Linux based.

I'm hoping to clear up some confusion I have about aliasing domains. Is this the same as "parking" a domain?

I ask because on my web hosting service, it offers me the ability to "park" a domain. So if I have two domains, domainone.com and domaintwo.com, I can make it so that typing "domaintwo.com" in the browser's URL field will take you to "domainone.com".

That works okay, but, the thing is that if you go that route to get to domainone.com, it still shows domaintwo.com in the URL field. Even if you navigate around the site, the base domain name remains domaintwo.com.

What I'd like to do is have it so that when you go to domaintwo.com, it takes you to domainone.com, and shows the address as being domainone.com.

I could do that by having an HTML page with a page redirect on it, but that means I have to set up a domaintwo.com account and upload HTML files to it, which seems a bit tedious.

Is there any server function I can use to have domaintwo.com take a user to domainone.com and display domainone.com when you get there?

Any advice much appreciated.

ï--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS