Re: [tlug] CJK Printing from Web Browsers in Debian 3.3.2

On 10/11/06, Bart Mathias <mathias@example.com> wrote:

Josh Glover wrote:

> : Step 2a; for i in "${FIREFOX_PREFS}" "${THUNDERBIRD_PREFS}"; do
> cp "$i" "$i.BAK"
 > cp "${MOZILLA_PREFS}" "$i"
 > done
>
> Now fire up Firefox and Thunderbird and test your printing.

I oh-so-very-cleverly recovered the Thunderbird I thought I'd lost in
doing the above by removing the "~" from a "prefs.js~" file.

The above would have left a prefs.js.BAK file, pre-modifications, in each directory.

Anyway, I can think of two possible reasons for the loss of an immediately
usable Thunderbird when I did the above.  First, since I had not set up
Mozilla
Mail to get mail at all, Thunderbird ended up with no useful prefs.
This seems
to me the more likely possibility.

Yes, I idiotically forgot that Thunderbird is "just an MUA" (not really, since it has a complete XML rendering engine at its core), so the Mozilla prefs would not work straight up.

I am also not terribly surprised that Firefox did not like raw Mozilla
prefs. I thought it would complain loudly about each pref it did not
understand, but I guess not.

*Now* shall we give up?

Tell you what: if you post all three prefs files in their original versions (i.e. before I had you run all of these commands) on:

http://www.rafb.net/paste/

and reply to this email with the URIs of each, I will have a look.
Many eyes make all bugs shallow. :)

-Josh