Re: [tlug] Re: Becoming Windows Free: Linux Lazer Printers

It need also a ghostscript driver - OPFC.
you can get it from
http://opfc.sourceforge.jp/download.html.en

The link in the canon page is broken.

Hiroshi

2006/11/9, Matt Gross <mgrossjp@example.com>:
On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 09:33 +0900, Hiroshi Miura wrote:
> You may want to  try CAPT driver for linux provided by canon to use LBP-1110.
> http://www.canon-sales.co.jp/drv-upd/lasershot/linux/captlinux.html
>
> LBP-1110 use CAPT technology. but this driver support only after
> LBP-1120. I dont know why it does not support lbp-1110.
> However it is not, it seems to be worth trying it or hack it.:)
>
> Have you already tried it?

I'm trying it now.  Might need to fiddle with it a bit to get it
working.  If I get it working, I owe you a beer!

> Hiroshi
>
> 2006/10/31, Matt Gross <mgrossjp@example.com>:
> > Hi TLUG'ers,
> >
> > I have embarked on a mission to completely rid myself of Micro$oft
> > windows (wish me luck!).
> >
> > First problem: Printers
> >
> > A few years back I bought a Canon Laser Shot LBP-1110 laser printer for
> > my windows laptop.  It works great, but, my Fedora Core 5 machine cannot
> > use it.  While reading various websites and reading up on several of the
> > drivers available in Fedora, I have learned that many Canon printers are
> > big paper weights when it comes to linux.  Does anyone know if my
> > printer _should_ work?
>

> --
> HIroshi Miura

HIroshi Miura