Re: [tlug] Becoming Windows Free: Linux Laser Printers

Matt Gross wrote:

> Does anyone have any recommendations for a laser printer within
> my price range which will work _well_ with linux?

Postscript is the lingua franca of printers for Linux,
and gets you the ultimate in compatibility for Linux,
so get a postscript printer.

The HP LaserJet 4 series (4, 4+, 4M, and 4M+) are serious
workhorses that are cheap used now. I bought a used one two or
three years ago for $20 w/o postscript. I see a postscript
module for $5 on Ebay. Hmmm. I'm going to have to buy that.

Buy a good new genuine HP cartridge for about 10,000 yen.