Re: [tlug] Becoming Windows Free: Linux Lazer Printers

On ç, 2006-10-31 at 23:50 +0900, Matt Gross wrote:
> Does anyone have any recommendations for a laser printer within my
> price range which will work _well_ with linux?

Sorry, I have no specific recommendations. The printer I have (Xerox
Phaser 8400) works great but is more than 20,000 yen. However, you can
be sure that any printer that supports postscript will work. Or, a
printer that accepts a format that ghostscript outputs. There was some
discussion on this list a while ago praising the Samsung ML-1740, but
it's not being sold anymore. I think the latest version (maybe the
ML-2010) should work well and be affordable. Again, I have no personal
experience with this printer.

--
Stuart Luppescu -=-=- s-luppescu <AT> uchicago <DOT> edu
CCSR at U of C ,.;-*^*-;.,  ccsr.uchicago.edu