[tlug] Anthy doesn't remember

I've recently installed SUSE 10.1 for myself and my wife, on our two
laptops.  On both I installed Anthy and SCIM, because I'd discovered
this system to be far superior to Canna, which we had been using.

Funny thing is, my wife was still complaining that kanji henkan sucked;
she saw little to no improvement.  Upon closer examination, it was clear
that, although Anthy does a better job of making a first guess in many
cases, it was not remembering her conversions.  One in particular that
has vexed [1] her is "toku ni" (especially).  Anthy gives the correct
conversion as the 5th or 6th choice, preceded by every possible verb
whose citation form is "toku" (+ "ni").  And then it doesn't remember:
makes you go through the whole list every time.

What's really weird about this is that *my* Anthy remembers! (at least
most of the time - I think I found a few times it wouldn't remember as
well).  Of course I thought this would end up being a permissions
problem on some file somewhere, but I've tracked down all the Anthy and
SCIM related files I can find, and can't find a permissions thing going
on.  Of course all of our settings are the same as well.

Has anyone else had similar symptoms?

Dave

[1] This is a great translation for "komaru", although we don't use it
    in everyday American much anymore :-)