Re: [tlug] Fedora is a toy OS .. (was Re: New Custom Server for Linux...)

On 21/08/06, GMO Unix Erin D. Hughes <erin-hughes@example.com> wrote:

> > Heh heh. Jim is a bit of a BOFH. :)

Ya but not entirely.... everyones entitled to their opinion.

I meant that in the sense of, "Jim is a bit of a Bastard Operator From
Hell, so to him, if an OS is not enterprise-ready, it is garbage." But
I hoped that people would see that my tongue was firmly in cheek.

Still, Jim's point is a good one: do not rely on Fedora for serious
applications, unless you plan to replace it with a new version every
six months.

-Josh