Mailing List Archive

Re: [tlug] [OT] Recommendations for PHP debuggers?

On 21/08/06, Jim Tittsler <> wrote:

On Aug 21, 2006, at 15:01, Josh Glover wrote:

> Yeah, when I last did PHP (probably four to five years ago), I
> debugged by printing to the webserver error log.

With judicial use of var_dump() (sometimes with Var_Dump from PEAR).

Since you know PHP, can you confirm that PHP itself provides no option
to its command-line interpreter that gives you an interactive

With Perl and the module, debugging is as simple as:

perl -d /var/www/localhost/cgi-bin/foo.cgi one_cgi_param=foo

PHP cannot do anything like this?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index