Re: [tlug] [OT] Recommendations for PHP debuggers?

On Aug 21, 2006, at 15:01, Josh Glover wrote:

Yeah, when I last did PHP (probably four to five years ago), I
debugged by printing to the webserver error log.

With judicial use of var_dump() (sometimes with Var_Dump from PEAR).

I used to like the very simple network debugger back in the PHP3 era.

The Komodo IDE can be used to locally or remotely debug PHP (if you control the PHP extensions directory of the server), but its commercial price tag may exceed the OP's pain threshold. On the plus side, it also knows all the top scripting languages, runs on Linux/OS X/Windows for a single price tag, and has a acceptable editor (although if you are heavily into customizing your editor even the 4.0alpha releases will probably send you screaming back to your favorite for major editing chores).
  http://www.activestate.com/Products/Komodo/

--
Jim Tittsler  7J1AJH/AI8A                            GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/