Re: [tlug] [OT] Recommendations for PHP debuggers?

On 21/08/06, stephen@example.com <stephen@example.com> wrote:

It's also possible that the Unix admins have much greater access to
the server system than the Windows-based admins do, so don't need a
debugger module as much.

Yeah, when I last did PHP (probably four to five years ago), I
debugged by printing to the webserver error log.

PHP has a command-line thingy, right? Does that not have a built-in
debugger similar to "perl -d"? I find it odd that an interpreted
language would not provide a debugger facility, since you pretty much
get it for free since you are already keeping symbol tables,
evaluating code at runtime, etc.

-Josh