[tlug] Do I have to rebuild my kernel again?

TLUG,

I thought I'd try and build my IVTV drivers with my newfangled kernel, and it gave me a couple of errors. By looking around the web I discovered that some of the required modules are no longer part of the IVTV package, but are now included in the kernel itself.

Or at least they would be if I had included them when I built the kernel. Of course, at the time I had no idea that this would be an issue.

The modules I need are:
[4314542.849000] ivtv0: Failed to load module cx25840
[4314542.870000] ivtv0: Failed to load module wm8775

My question is - can I enable the modules without rebuilding the whole kernel over again?

For reference, these are the web sites that explained the problem:
http://legart.dk/2006/07/06/problem-pvr500-ivtv-and-linux-26173-solved/
http://www.hellion.org.uk/ivtv/index.html

Thank you for any advice.

--