Re: [tlug] Lightweight Window Manager, unicode happy, (maybe Icewm?)

Godwin Stewart wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 14:45:25 +0900, "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If you want something that is more like KDE, only less so, try out
>> XFCE. It is a full-fledged "Desktop Environment", like Gnome and KDE,
>> but with less cruft.
>
> I'll second that.
>
> Over here I use XFCE and am able to start most applications without
> even using the mouse thanks to xbindkeys[0].
>
> KDE's konsole is still my terminal emulator of choice, so I do have
> KDE-3.5.2's libraries and a few other things installed, but I wouldn't
> dream of using the KDE DM again - it's far too bloated and so much
> integration that it feels almost like brand-W.

Pffff.... You all discuss about window manager and forgot *the* one:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/evaluation

This one has nice colors, helpful paperclip assistant everywhere, and a
tons of compatible applications (coz' a window manager with no apps is
not really useful). For instance, do you know Internet Explorer and
Outlook Express? Maybe you don't know Internet? This is a program where
you can order pizza as well as sending message to somebody else. For
instance, I received 1,500 messages this morning, I have a tons of
friends on the Internet.

I tried to download your "Windows manager", but the only choice was to
"save as", and I could not install it at all. Why?

About your message, I have 2-3 remarks:
* the right spelling for "konsole" is "console".
* "emulator" does not mean anything. Did you mean "stimulator"?
* Did you mean some bondage game with your "X bound key"? Is it related
to the KDE gnome you speak about? This is your private, anyway...

----

More seriously, for fun, I have a game on Excel. How to display the
minutes of a time cell? For instance 0:30 should be displayed ":30". 100
yen for the winner, if only using cell format (no string).
Hehehe... Even the old Unix "date" was able to make the difference
between a "M" and a "m" ;-)
The funny part is that OpenOffice is following the evil way, as you
can't display ":mm", either...

----

Sorry to all, Saturday morning :)

br.