Re: [tlug] Lightweight Window Manager, unicode happy, (maybe Icewm?)

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 14:45:25 +0900, "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com>
wrote:

> If you want something that is more like KDE, only less so, try out
> XFCE. It is a full-fledged "Desktop Environment", like Gnome and KDE,
> but with less cruft.

I'll second that.

Over here I use XFCE and am able to start most applications without
even using the mouse thanks to xbindkeys[0].

KDE's konsole is still my terminal emulator of choice, so I do have
KDE-3.5.2's libraries and a few other things installed, but I wouldn't
dream of using the KDE DM again - it's far too bloated and so much
integration that it feels almost like brand-W.

[0] - http://hocwp.free.fr/xbindkeys/xbindkeys.html

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

Microsoft Palladium: "Where the hell do you think YOU'RE going today?"