[tlug] Lightweight Window Manager, unicode happy, (maybe Icewm?)

KDE works fine for my unicode Japanese, copy and paste and kininput2. But, its so big, and I almost never use any of its fancy features. Somehow I just like the command line for most things. If it were not for needing kanji display I would probably spend most of my time without X at all.

Can anyone recommend a simpler lighter window manager that is unicode/Japanese savvy?

(Debian/Sarge simple Toshiba/Thinkpad laptops, no special hardware or media)

David Riggs,

Kyoto