Re: [tlug] no, really: Die, .uim, die! [SOLVED]

TLUG,

With some help that I got from the UIM mailing list, the problem of the errant .uim file has been resolved.

The culprit turned out to be a script called /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/uim_anthy.

By making an adjustment to that script, the .uim file no longer gets created on reboot or at log in, so my preferences remain as I set them.

Of course, I don't really understand the finer details of how the script was edited, I just followed instructions. I don't even know what language the script used. If you are curious to know, you can see the details of my discussion on the UIM mailing list here at the following link, which includes the contents of the uim-anthy file before and after editing:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/uim/2006-April/001452.html

Thanks for all the help I received here, and I hope this information can be of help to people with Japanese input issues in the future.

--
Dave M G