[tlug] Die, .uim, die!

TLUG,

As told in the thread "Slightly messed up Japanese input", with TLUG's help, I got UIM/Scim/Anthy all set up the way I liked it.

In particular, the keyboard shortcuts for switching back and forth from Japanese and English input was made to be [ctrl]+[space], as I like it.

But this weird annoyance has popped up. Every time I reboot, I find that the keyboard shortcut has changed back to [shift]+[space]. Annoying as can be, since I keep discovering this by accidentally striking that key combination when I don't want to.

After some exploration, I discovered that the reason this keeps happening is because every time I reboot, a file in my home directory called .uim gets created. This file has some default settings, such as the accursed [shift]+[space] shortcut key, which over ride my preferences.

All I have to do is delete this file, and my settings are back to the way I want. Easy enough fix, but annoying to have to do every time I reboot.

So... the question is, how do I stop this file from being created each time I reboot? And why is it being created anyway?

--
Dave M G