Re: [tlug] Kanji file names-- how to change encoding,Mac OS X/Darwin file names

    Alain> 		Yes, I meant not composed.  The characters
    Alain> were definitely not lost just displaying in a not composed
    Alain> form.  The software was not non-conforming.  It was just
    Alain> the user that was non-aware of the issues.

The way you describe it, the software _is_ non-conforming.  A
combining character (such as an accent) combines! ;-)  If you don't
display an accented character rather than an accent followed by a
character, you're not conforming.  (XEmacs doesn't conform. ;-)

Note that it is always possible to display the accent by itself by
composing it with a space.

I appreciate your explanation, and obviously if XEmacs is going to get
any market share in Vietnam we'd better handle this.  :-)