Re: [tlug] Kanji file names-- how to change encoding, Mac OS X/Darwinfile names

 > system, with the kanji file names intact, but changed to utf-8 >encoding.
 >http://j3e.de/linux/convmv

 >emerge app-text/convmv

 >convmv -f euc-jp -t utf8 /mnt/floppy/ファイル /home/dariggs/

 >Edward

Wow, thanks so very much. This is just perfect. Installs right from
debian archives.

My next question was going to be how to do this for Darwin i.e. Mac OS X
file names, which I cannot read no matter what I do. Convmv manual seems
to say that Apple has it so screwed up that it is not possible to read
much less convert file names.

This is what I have experienced, alas.

Anyone else worried about this? I have a ton of great stuff that is
locked up in this unreadable filename problem.

Thanks Edward, it was right under my nose: I really should get better at
using the package searching tools. This has prompted me to figure out
how I should have searched for this with apt-cache.

David Riggs