Re: [tlug] Japanese-language on SuSE

Steve Smith wrote:

>I just started an install with SuSE 9.3 and stumbled across
>something I think is new that might be of interest.  I'm
>installing using the normal US distribution.  Down in the
>software selections at installation there seems to be a new
>selection for languages.  One of the selections was
>Japanese, and it looks like it's installing everything
>needed for Japanese input.
>
>I initially started to just do the selection in Japanese,
>but the menu selections were a bit too daunting for me.  I'm
>not ready for that yet, but so far it looks like installing
>in English with Japanese is pretty simple with this release.

I should have done it that way then!  Already having two machines with
9.1 that I've long been frustrated with in my attempts to input
Japanese, I was afraid to take the chance with 9.3.  One possible
advantage to installing it in Japanese though, is that even after
switching over to English (which changes *most* things, *not* all), I
don't have to switch anything to write in Japanese.  I'm going to try
updating 9.1 with 9.3 and see what happens.....

Lyle