Re: [tlug] How to set window title encoding in GNOME et al.?

    Josh> I have been corresponding with a chap named William
    Josh> Poser[1],

Small world, it is.

    Bill> "You don't by any chance know how to set the encoding for
    Bill> window titles in Gnome, do you?

As a last resort, replace your window manager with 'xemacs -l xwem -f
xwem'.  If the doesn't work out of the box, I know how to fix it.  :-)
(Yes, XEmacs is a window manager, too.  It's also an SLR parser
generator.  Both are in dancing bear style, so "last resort".)

I'm surprised that this doesn't just work, though.  The "Japanese
patch" for fvwm is at least 8 years old.  I would imagine that there
are several window managers that do this; try a couple.