Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:49:21 +0900, Uva Coder
<uva.coder@example.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:38:27 +0900, Brett Robson <b-robson@example.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:22:44 +0900
> > Uva Coder <uva.coder@example.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I figure no one here is interested in research anyway.
> >
> > Perhaps we aren't as lonely as you are.
>
> I'll leave. Best wishes to everyone.

Uva, my son, what the sodding hell have you done? (Again, rhyme quite
intentional, beer acceptable as payment.)

If Brett was not kidding, and I rather think he was, at least in part,
he is just one guy, and you may therefore ignore him as you wish.

How the hell can you honestly think that no-one on this list is
interested in research? Have you *met* Steve Turnbull, Chris Sekiya,
Jim Breen, etc? These hoary hackers (no, fellows, that was *not*
whorey, get your gander back down!) scoff at the very thought of
certifications. "Give me the source or give me death!" they scream
into the night like a fireman going to a window that *has* no fire!
(20 points to the first person to name that reference.)

The fact that this thread and those associated with it (threads have
changed, at least as far as GMail is showing me--dunno if it uses the
standard headers, or cares about subject lines) have generated more
list traffic than I remember since the Great Exodus of 2001 should be
proof enough: people care about what you are saying, and discussions
are getting hot, heavy, and low-sodding-level (just the way I like
it).

Those who do not like this aspect of TLUG can either ignore threads or
bugger off. *You stay!* You good people. Me like. Tatonka... good
trade (only 10 points for this reference; I do not like the movie as
well as the previous one).

Come on man, seriously. Pull yourself together and unsubscribe not
from the list. I will just abuse my Listmaster authority and manually
resubscribe you anyway. ;)

Cheers,
Josh