Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
- Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:06:56 +0900
- From: Uva Coder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 00:47:35 -0000 (GMT), firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> wrote: > - The HURD, for all its faults, is a great environment for experimenting > with user-level APIs and filesystems, because you can effectively replace > OS functionality. It's nice to be able to write a new FS and not crash > the system, or experiment with authentication systems. (Yes, Plan9 is the > same in this respect, but bastardising C was a bad idea and the licence is > crap.) Hahaha, I'll be sure to let Ken Thompson know that he bastarized C. He'll get a good kick out of that. I think you should try it before you make such an assumption. As for the Lucent Public License, it is an open source license. Perhaps you don't like the clause about nuclear munitions. ;-) If it makes you feel better Theo hates the license too. He's been waiting to drop the GNU compilers for the Plan 9 (Ken) C compilers for some time now. Once Plan 9 goes to a BSD license you'll hear more people singing its praises. ;-) I hate to think that technical merits are based on licensing schemes, but oh well. -uva
- Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
- From: ijw
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] "done one job and do it well" mailer
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links