Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
- Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 18:56:02 +0100
- From: Martin Bähr <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.4i
On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 04:16:05PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote: > Uva> It seems to me that the GNU way of doing things restricts > Uva> Linux kernel development to some extent. > I don't see how. I think it's Linus who is the bottleneck. Just > compare the HURD with any of the actually useful OSS kernels; you'll > see that "the GNU way" kills kernels. i would not go that far, since one of the reasons for hurds slow development is focus on other things. on the other hand you are right. but i believe that this is because gnu does NOT put any restrictions on the hurd development. (do what you want, we don't care when it's done) where as the restrictions for the linux kernel come from the users: we want a stable kernel, and we want it now, and we don't care about cool features. greetings, martin. -- cooperative communication with sTeam - caudium, pike, roxen and unix offering: programming, training and administration - anywhere in the world -- pike programmer travelling and working in europe open-steam.org unix system- bahai.or.at iaeste.(tuwien.ac|or).at administrator (caudium|gotpike).org is.schon.org Martin Bähr http://www.iaeste.or.at/~mbaehr/
- Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
- From: Josh Glover
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] "done one job and do it well" mailer
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Peeling onions.
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links