RE: [tlug] Hula

--Original Message-----
From: Uva Coder [mailto:uva.coder@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:54 PM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: [tlug] Hula

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:04:43 +0900, Erin D. Hughes <erin@example.com> wrote:

> If you read some of their ideas on calendaring or mail interface you might
> agree  they are not talking anything revolutionary actually the say the
want
> the web mail to look like googles.......but it sounds as though there is
> passion behind the idea to make a better mail system. That is what I want.
> Don't you?

No, because I already have something better
(drawterm/acme/cal/upas/plumber).
Besides drawterm, there is plan9port. If you want a liveCD with plan9port,
there is: http://www.r-36.net/dtLinux.iso  ||
http://www.tip9ug.jp/who/chrissi/dtLinux.iso
Who needs web mail when you have this kind of access?  *grin*

And so you want to see what I mean? See this as an example:
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/img/mirtchov/plan9-normal.png

My 3 year old son plays sokoban on a titech server via a drawterm
session. This stuff works great.

So my replacement for a Hula server is a Plan 9 one. And I don't need
to be concerned about Novell. ;-)

Enjoy

-uva

--
The TLUG server is hosted by Open Source Development Lab Japan.
http://www.osdl.jp/