Re: [tlug] TLUG posting meeting schedules and other Linux events in Tokyo on a WebDAV

Matt Gross said:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Has anyone ever considered creating a WebDAV (
> http://www.webdav.org/ ) calendar/schedule for all TLUG

Perhaps a bit more background on where I got this idea is needed:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/faq.html#share

Quote from the page above:
--------------------------
How can I serve my shared calendars?

    To share your calendars, you need access to a webDAV server. If you
run your own web server, you can install mod_dav (
http://www.webdav.org/mod_dav ), a free Apache module that will turn
your web server into a webDAV server. Instructions on how to set it up
are on their website. Once you set up your webDAV server, you can
publish your calendar to the site, then subscribe to it from any other
Mozilla Calendar. Automatically updating the calendar will give you a
poor man's calendar server.
> updates automatically show up in my personal calendar so
> that I can plan around meetings ( I would like to actually
> show up to a meeting if I can plan my own schedule
> efficiently ;)  Just a thought in hopes of provoking some
> conversation on this subject.
>
> Matt
>
> --
> The TLUG server is hosted by Open Source Development Lab Japan.
> http://www.osdl.jp/

Matt Gross
mgrossjp@example.com
mattgross@example.com