Re: [tlug] Favorite Linux IMAP client

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:53:52 -0700
Jonathan Byrne <jq@example.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 03:23:20PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> > but I'd still like to know why he has 100k
> > messages in one folder.
>
> That's the abuse inbox.  Our customers send spam submissions there, and
> it has gotten near 200,000 on a couple of occasions.  The Done folders,
> though, are far bigger.

I'm curious why you are interested in looking at such an amount of spam in
a mailer? Still couldn't get a good nigerian business done? ;-)
I thought these folders were for training spam filters (bayes,
spamassasin) an not for human cunsumption.
Also if you use the mh format reiserfs might be a good thing to further
boost performance from the filesystem with lots of small files such as
spam mail.

Sylpheed does the job for me with ~ 2000 messages per folder, haven't
tried it above this limit.