Re: [tlug] Favorite Linux IMAP client

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 10:04:48PM -0700, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 09:12:20AM -0500, Stuart Luppescu wrote:
> >I've found the most variation in performance to be between
> >servers, rather than between clients. We used to use wu-imap, which
>
> I'm not surprised that wu-imap is no good.  After all, they
> brought the world wu-ftpd, too :-p

No they didn't.  I think you (both) may be confusing University
of Washington (uw, the home of IMAP) and Washington University
at St. Louis (wustl).  (Depending upon the meaning of your
smiley. :-)

FWIW, dovecot is my current favorite IMAP server.  It works
nicely with mbox or maildir and seems quite fast thanks to its
indexing scheme.  But I (still) don't have any 100K message
folders to try it on.

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/