RE: [tlug] Red Hat dropping MySQL

I installed MaxDB (formerly SAPDB) yesterday and played around with it for a
while.  Great admin and development tools (but they require a windows
platform), and you get something that includes everything from views, to
triggers and stored procedures and hot standby replication.  The
documentation is extensive, but unfortunately not too practical.  Its also
difficult to find howtos on the web.  On Linux you can use the web interface
or command line admin tools but apparently they are hiddeous to use.

This software was the platform for the SAP ERP software which is
increasingly used in enterprises.  As a result it is very stable and
reliable, so a good choice for Open Source development for transactional
systems.

If anyone has used this for web, I would really appreciate a few pointers of
how to setup users and integrate into php.

Patrick