Re: [tlug] Japanese input in aterm

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 12:12:57PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>Heh.  `sid' is not boring.

I run Sid on my Thinkpad and my desktop machine both, and everything
pretty much just works.  I'll grant that I don't stress the system
hard, I just use it, but brokenness has been both minimal and minor,
as well as uncommon.

Before, I used to run Woody with a lot of backported packages from Sid,
and it got to be too much work to keep all that straight, so I just
started running Sid instead.  Much simpler, and quite reliable.

I've had so little need for Japanese since I left Japan that while I
have all the parts installed, I have never actually even tried them.
But it's Debian, so I'm sure that if I did, they would Just WorK.

I recently finally convinced my dad to stop using Mandrake and switch to
SuSE.  Debian would have been better, but he's too much a GUI addict.
At least SuSE works fairly well.  I had opportunities (often)to snicker at
the fact that Mandrake's supposedly stable versions were far less stable
than Debian Unstable.   Even though some of his wounds were self-inflicted
(GUI addicts should not experiment at all), many others were not.  Of course,
the most self-inflicted wound of all was clinging to a distro which
so frequently brought borkage down upon him.  That, at least, has been
cured :-)

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9