Re: [tlug] Japanese input in aterm

>>>>> "Scott" == Scott  <scottro@example.com> writes:

    Scott> #!/bin/bash
    Scott> XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2" LC_CTYPE=ja_JP ${1+"$@"} &

C'mon!  62 bytes?  Let's not be concerned about bandwidth here!  :)

    Scott> No, both are already running.  (I see I left out various
    Scott> information

Well, given the mess that configuring XIM is, I also went overboard in
adding detail.  If you can enter kana, then kinput2 at least is
running, and if you get kanji, definitely the dictionary server is
running too.

    Scott> As mentioned above, ja_JP works in Arch.

Well, not necessarily.  Remember, you've got at least 3 separate apps
cooperating here (the dictionary server, the input manager, and the
terminal emulator), and each one of them is responding _in app code_
(this is not something there is a library for; the local _name_ is an
arbitrary string, and the apps should but may not look up aliases).

    Scott> The langx script works with rxvt.

Then probably you need to configure aterm, as you've guessed, but
remember, this is a communications problem.  So both ends have to be
suspect until you've isolated the fault.
    Scott> Because ~everything~ "just works" in Deb, which is boring.

Heh.  `sid' is not boring.