Re: [tlug] Dad's birthday

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 11:43:38AM +0500, A. Sajjad Zaidi wrote:

>As interesting as this thread is, it's getting a bit off-topic. Why
>don't we turn it into a discussion on geek dating services? OSDN seems
>to have started one. ;-)

Well, they have and they haven't.  They're fronting for match.com.
Now, whether match.com is actually custom-tailoring a segment specifically
for the tech-oriented, or if they just use OSDN's name and OSDN gets
a kickback, I don't know.  I do know that on /. it has been said that "Yeah,
right, like geeks like us are going to find women like the one with the
red sweater in the ad there."  I don't know if match.com even uses
Linux or BSD (how's that for a tie-in ;-)  ) or not, so they may or may
not have any actual geek cred.  They'd have to prove it to me first,
I think.

Anyway, it doens't matter, b/c I met my wife on oneandonly.com ;-)

>Off course after this month, I won't be needing one. Getting married
>just after my birthday. :-)

Excellent!  Congratulations!  Is she a Linux user yet? ;-)

Send me a pic from your wedding when you have a chance!

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9