[tlug] Serial ATA

Hi All,
I've done some looking on this , but just wondered what people's
personal experience was. I'm looking to upgrade the disk space on my
Linux box (Mandrake 9.1) and was thinking of going serial ATA (just a
disk, or two, in which case I *might* go RAID 1). I've read of a few
people who got this working, and a lot who didn't.  Does anyone have any
recommendations, or should I just get a normal IDE-RAID card and normal
drives?  Either way I'm looking at a new controller card as my iWill
KV200 motherboard is creaking at ATA66.
Thanks in advance.