[tlug] Repotec print server & Linux

Anybody out there using a Repotec print server with Linux?

According to the product blurb, it supports LPD printing, and
port 515 is open on the box.  No other documentation is available
on the website <URL:http://www.repotec.com/> nor is there a manual
here.  Partly as a matter of convenience and mostly as a matter of
pride, I want to be able to print to this thing rather than go
through a Windows box, but no luck so far.

Configuring lpd (lprng) to use any common queue name such as
lpd, lpr, lp, results in a "printer not found" message from the print
server. I'm definitely connecting to it but that's as far as it goes.

Googling has been fruitless, and I've never had a printserver do
this to me before.  Any ideas?

TIA,

Jonathan