Re: [tlug] searching but don't where to look!!

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 11:42:40AM -0400, Josh Glover wrote:

>Let's face it, Windows sysadmins are easier to come by, especially for
>companies that are willing to hire anyone with an MSCE.

Cheap Windows admins are easier to come by, but you get what you
pay for.  A really good NT/2K/XP admin is worth quite a bit,
and all other things being equal, the challenges to remote
administration that Windows presents may also mean that you need
more admins.  So even if you have one or two senior ones and
a bunch of shake-n-bake MCSEs under them, the total cost of staff
may be higher than having one or two senior *nix admins and a few
junior and mid-level ones.

GPG key: DF12B4EF (5399 C834 3ABB C3AF 610C  5345 D5D6 E6EA DF12 B4EF)
Jonathan: You think I just want attention?
Buffy: No, I think you're up here in a clock tower with a
high-powered rifle because you want to blend in.