Re: [tlug] searching but don't where to look!!

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 01:53:38AM +0900, Jonathan Byrne quoth, and most verily thus:
> On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 11:42:40AM -0400, Josh Glover wrote:
>
> >Let's face it, Windows sysadmins are easier to come by, especially for
> >companies that are willing to hire anyone with an MSCE.
>
> Cheap Windows admins are easier to come by, but you get what you
> pay for.  A really good NT/2K/XP admin is worth quite a bit,
> and all other things being equal, the challenges to remote
> administration that Windows presents may also mean that you need
> more admins.  So even if you have one or two senior ones and
> a bunch of shake-n-bake MCSEs under them, the total cost of staff
> may be higher than having one or two senior *nix admins and a few
> junior and mid-level ones.

A very good point, and one that I was making with my Red Hat certified
admin who knows shit all comment. Except that I was going the other
way.

You *do* get what you pay for. Execs, if you are listening, remember
that. :)

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator