Re: [tlug] partiton

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 12:21:56PM +0900, hatsuhiro wrote:
> 1. The max valid size of swap space seems dependent on kernel versions. How
> do we know the max available size of a single swap partition for a certain
> kernel?

An article in IBM's developer works lists the maximum swap
partition sizes for different architectures for kernels >= 2.2.
  http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/swaptip2.html

> 2. No, I think the asterisk doesn't point out a bootable partition. Indeed,
> the cfdisk table has a column of bootable flags exclusively. Moreover, the
> asterisk disappeared when I gave a large size (Let's say 3GB) to the very
> first partition.

I've not used cfdisk, but 'man cfdisk' says that an asterisk
next to the size indicates "that the partition is not aligned
on cylinder boundaries."

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/